Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello BBA Students and Graduates!!

Thanks for checking out my blog. As you know, I won this awesome teaching award that gave me $5000 to spend on a trip for myself this summer. My trip is to visit 5 different countries in Europe to study how people from different race, ethnicities and religions get along with each other. I decided to go to a region of Europe known as the Balkans (Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, and Slovenia) and Italy. Google one of them and you can find where they are on a map. You can also go to the CIA World Factbook and look up information about each country if you are interested. Some of you probably studied about this region in your Global Studies class when you learned about World War 1. I will be gone for more than 3 weeks. I am going to do lots of different things in each place. I have spent a lot of time reading and planning so that I can do and see as much as I can during my time.

I leave on June 29th. I am going to try to write on here each day while I am gone and put some pictures up so you can see some of the places that I get to visit. So, be sure to check back in a few weeks for more details! I will be so excited to read your comments or questions that you have so please write to me!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for you! Can't wait to see the new posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Franci!! It's only a couple of weeks away. I am getting REALLY excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea

    Ms Slater so glad to see you are becoming a blogger


    Lew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure if I am doing this blog thing right? You only posted once, right? I thought I signed this before, but I don't see my comment anywhere, so hopefully this works!

    ReplyDelete