Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Leaving on a jet plane
I can't believe the day is finally here! We've had such a tough school year and I haven't been able to get too excited about this trip until now. The end of the school year is always a strange time for me. I am so happy and proud of our students, not just the graduates but also the students who have moved one step closer to graduation by earning their credits or passing Regents exams. On the other hand, it is sad to say goodbye to students that I've worked with over the past two years. This year is extra hard because our staff will have some changes next year too. I had to say goodbye to my buddy, Mr. Elliser yesterday. He gave me a wonderful present for my trip. I have been struggling to find a good book to bring with me to help pass the time when I am on the planes, trains and automobiles. He came through for me and Mr.Bose threw in a great Ronald Regan presidential library bookmark. I talked with my parents and they hung up a world map in the house so they can point out where I am to my nieces and nephew everyday. I also had some wonderful phone calls from friends over the past couple of days wishing me a good trip. I am going to watch an episodes of The West Wing, finish packing, run a few last minute errands and then head for the airport! Next stop, DUBLIN, IRELAND!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment