Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The grass is greener in Ireland


It's official,I pulled an all-nighter. I didn't sleep on the plane because the man behind me kept kicking my seat. I have a 10 hour layover, so I took a bus into downtown Dublin. When I went through immigration the man asked me how long I was going to stay in Ireland and I told him I was going to spend the day. He said that he would stamp my passport and give me 90 days because he thought I would really love it and not want to leave. I am sure everyone gets a 90 stamp, but he was pretty funny anyway. I got downtown at 5:15 in the morning. I pretty much had the city to myself. The only people I saw were the sanitation workers emptying the garbage bins on the corners. They were quite helpful with all my directional questions! I spent time just wandering around. I went to Dublin Castle (see picture)Trinity College, St. Steven's Green, St. Patrick's Park, and saw the Molly Malone statue. I went out to breakfast and had Irish tea. I am back at the airport now and trying to force myself to stay awake so that I can adjust to the time, but I am fading fast. I might have to drink a few red bulls....hahahaha Just kidding!

4 comments:

  1. The castle is pretty! Could you go inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had tours but I was there so early in the morning that it wasn't open yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had tours but I was there so early in the morning that it wasn't open yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg mrs slater i love this pic! Its energetic. I know u feel like doing this in bba sometimes. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete