Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ljubljana The Sequel


Today I spent the majority of the day in Tivoli Park. It is this HUGE park in Ljubljana. There are huge open fields, flower gardens, ponds and then there is hiking. It is not NYC hiking, a little hill. This is serious hiking. I took a 2 hour hike up to St. Mary's church. It was a beautiful way to spend the day. It was so quiet and the view from the top was unbelievable. After my day in the outdoors, I spent a couple of hours in the Slovenian Museum of Contemporary History. It focused on Slovenia since the 1900's. Like the rest of the countries I visited, war is the focal point of the museum. Exhibit after exhibit it was about how Slovenia was occupied and then liberated until finally, they gained thier independenc in 1991. I am starting to see why there is all this tension in this region. Time after time someone is coming in and taking over. It would probably make me skeptical and defensive of other people's (countries) motives.

This is short, but I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment