I spent the day in Zagreb. It is Sunday so a lot of the museums and sights were closed. The city is actually very quiet today. I like it. I did go to two museums that were open. The first was the ethnographic museum. It had a lot of traditional Croatian clothing from all over the country. Some of the designs on the dresses were incredible. I also bought a CD of Croatian folk music for our listening pleasure next year!
I also went to this art museum that is only one man's collection that he donated to the city of Zagreb. He donated almost 4,000 pieces of art. The building is beautiful and the layout of the museum is perfect. For the first hour I was there, I think I was the only person there. There was a mixture of sculptures, artifacts and paintings.
I spent the rest of the day walking around the city. I took the furnicular up to the top of the hill and enjoyed the view of the city. I also saw my favorite statue and took my picture with him. It was a pretty relaxing day. Tomorrow I am taking the train (again) to Slovenia. This time it is less than 3 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment