Friday, July 16, 2010

Vintgar, Slovenia


Today I went hiking in Triglav National Park, Europe's first national park. The highlight of the hike was the Vintgar Gorge. The walk to the waterfalls was unbelievable. It was by far the most magical part of my trip. I went early this morning before most of the tourist came. I was able to take my time, take tons of pictures, and it was incredible. I also had time today to take the boat to the middle of Lake Bled. The boat is a pletna, it's like a gondola. One person rowed us by himself. It seemed like pretty hard work. It took about 30 minutes to get there. There was a couple from Scotland on the boat so we chatted with each other. They had a lot of questions about New York. It was great. Tomorrow I going to Venice, hopefully. The trip from Bled to Venice is complicated. I am still trying to figure it out. I went to the Bled train station today but the person working didn't speak very good English and I don't speak very good Slovenian. I think I have a couple of options,but I guess we will see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment